Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Church and Home Study

Well, we had quite the busy weekend. Busy but great! On Sunday we led worship and spoke at church. We talked about adoption. Our story and God's heart in it. We showed this video and I think everyone should watch it. Andy is a thinker, so this video reached him. I am more emotional, so the slide shows with songs and the video blogs reach me more. This however is such a powerful teaching. Anyhow, we were so blessed by people after church and so encouraged! Just what we needed before a drive down to Indy.
Why Indy? We had our first home study. Our agency requires us to come to them for the first one. We won't argue....it actually made it significantly cheaper!! My family lives in the Westfield area so we were able to take advantage of the time and visit my grandpa, aunt, uncle and cousins. Nahum was especially happy to have time to play with his cousins. He LOVES them!!
My aunt watched the boys for us while we went to our appointment. We were so nervous! We had no idea what to expect. I mean people typically hope to never have a run in with a social worker let alone chose to meet with one!! Ours however was amazing! She was so nice and encouraging. We sat and cried together talking about past adoption stories and the cool ways God has pulled through for people at the last second. It was really so much better and so much more encouraging than I had expected. We were blessed!
Now we have a pile of paper work to do and physicals etc etc etc.....Then, we have two more in home, home studies and then an additional one later. All in all it was a great weekend and we were given a boost to keep on trucking....

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying for you guys as you "keep on trucking" becuz it sure will be worth it in the end, my friend!

    ReplyDelete